Vegetable Frittata with Cheese
On vacation in a small town, my husband and I went to a little cafe. The Vegetable Frittata with Cheese was the special of the day. Lynn loves egg dishes that contain vegetables and cheese. Omelets are usually his favorite. The waitress explained that this menu item is not folded over like the omelet, rather it is placed in a baking dish with all the ingredients combined together.
After sampling this frittata, I noticed that it was very tasty and much healthier than an omelet. Now for our special breakfasts on the weekend, the frittata is on the menu. This recipe can be easily doubled to share with another couple for breakfast.
4 large eggs, beaten
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 Tablespoons finely chopped onion
2 Tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the eggs well. Prepare the vegetables by chopping them finely and place in a large bowl.
- Pour the beaten eggs into the vegetables. Add the cheeses, salt and pepper. Mix very well.
- Butter or spray a shallow pan. You will need a pan that is big enough for only 2 servings.
- Place in the oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a tooth pick or knife in the center comes out clean.
Yield: 2 servings.