One day visiting at a friend’s home, where she prepared lunch. A broccoli salad was served. It was so colorful very appealing to any hearty appetite. I requested her recipe. This salad has been made on several occasions and the recipe is always requested.
This recipe is a perfect example of eating anti-inflammatory foods to relieve osteoarthritis pain. It also has many other ingredients that contain these properties. Besides being very healthy and colorful it is a good side dish for a healthy main course.
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet pepper
- Combine the first 8 ingredients and place in a jar with a tight fitting lid; shake well.
- In a small bowl combine broccoli and red pepper.
- Add the dressing and toss to coat the vegetables.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon.