Don’t Screw Over Seniors!
Yes! I’m Angry!
Long-time clients of mine for OnlineTechLessons.com have learned the hard way that when I tell someone not to trust a big box store not to screw up your computer, that I 100% mean it!
This podcast issue has so many stories involved in it – none of us are 100% at fault for any of this, with the exception of this store. I told my client (since he had a subscription for yearly help) with them, to check with them, but WHEN they said they’d have to reformat their computer, to RUN (don’t walk) to a locally owned computer store called Gem City Digital. They didn’t listen and now they are angry. I don’t blame them – I’m angry too!
- Just because a company is nationwide and a known name doesn’t mean they are your best option.
- Back up your important documents and photos to the cloud.
- Don’t make big purchase tickets just because someone else wants your money.
- Get second opinions before allowing someone to reformat your computer.
- Don’t assume someone else lied to you just because a big box company said so.
- Consider what the person advising you has as their intentions.
Listen to the full story here on our podcast:
I started The HIP Senior Directory to help seniors find businesses that had the heart and the soul to serve seniors. What businesses would you like to see there? Send us an email at email@example.com and tell us and we’ll contact them!