A Banana Split for Breakfast
This banana split was made at a friend’s home for dinner. However, it can be used for breakfast also. She loved banana splits but not all the calories that go with a real banana split. For her dinner party, she created her own version of a “banana split” by using fresh fruit instead of the ice cream toppings. The ice cream in the banana split was replaced by a scoop of yogurt.
This dessert became a big hit at this party. Several people at this dinner have made it several times at home for a dinner dessert as well for a breakfast item. This dessert for breakfast or dinner.. can be well enjoyed without worrying about the excess calories.
Yield: 2 servings.
1 medium banana
1/3 cup each fresh blueberies, halved seedless grapes, sliced peeled kiwifruit, and fresh strawberries.
1 cup vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup granola with fruit and nuts
2 maraschino cherries with stems
- Cut banana crosswise in half. Each half of the banana will be cut in half thus making 4 long crosswise cut of banana.
- Then each half of the banana that has been cut into 2 pieces is now cut in half to make 4 pieces of the half of banana.
- In a serving bowl lay the 4 pieces of banana along the sides of the bowl. Place the scoop or 1/2 cup of yogurt into each bow. Then add all the other fresh fruits listed ago.
- Then add all the other fresh fruits -blueberries, seedless grapes, kiwi fruit, and fresh strawberries.
- Sprinkle with granola that contains fruit and nuts.
- Top each dish with a maraschino cherry with stem.